My name is Alyssa, and I am a sixteen year old girl from Colorado. This summer, I will be spending a month in Léon, the capitol city of the province of Léon in northwest Spain. I will be living with a host family, and experiencing all the food, family and culture Spain has to offer. You have reached my blog where I will be posting pictures and updates about my time there!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Days 6, 7 and 8

I've officially survived a week in Spain, and I am having a blast! On Saturday, Conchi and Antonio went to a wedding on a beach about two hours from León, so they were gone until Sunday. And you know what that means - party! Agueda, one of Cristina's best friends, came over Saturday morning, and I made them American omelettes, which they thought were ingenious, and baked cookies (there are pictures under the Photos page). Unfortunately, I don't think my extraordinary baking talents travel with me; half of the cookies burned... but we still had fun baking and the few that weren't burned were delicious!

That afternoon I took a looong siesta in preparation for an even longer night. And I am so glad I did! Both Cristina and Diego had tons of friends over at around eleven, and we talked, danced, and ate literally until dawn. I finally went to bed around 7:30 in the morning, and everyone asked why I was turning in so early! I was woken up a couple hours later to find that the party was still going, and most everyone did not, and had no intention to, sleep. Oy gavolt! 

I literally spent the entire rest of the Sunday recovering, and Cristina, who didn't sleep a wink Saturday, was wide awake until midnight that night. How this Spanish people do it, I'll never know! 

So, as you can tell, Sunday was pretty uneventful, aside from cleaning up the house and being woken for the occasional meal. I turned in early (well, one o'clock), and got a much-needed full nights rest last night. 

Today Cristina and I went into León with some of her friends to have coffee, talk, and sit by this gorgeous river that runs right through the center of the city. And finally, along the riverbank, I saw another jogger! Yes, okay, just one, but still a jogger nonetheless (and I don't think he is American)! So glad I'm not the only nutcase running around here. No pun intended. Hopefully someday I can take the bus down to León in the morning and jog by the river, outside, yet far away from any psycho eagles. 

I'm back home now, after having drinks at "La Cafeteria", a pool bar in their neighborhood, and exhausted, so off to bed for now. I also posted more pictures from the last couple days. 

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment